JD Sebastian is an award-winning jazz, standards and show tunes pianist, playing for private parties, memorial services, weddings. He plays as a solo pianist on pianos at the location or brings on of his Roland or Yamaha keyboard, whenever needed. He accompanies singers, plays solo and plays with either a duo (Piano and Bass), trio (Piano, Bass & Drums), and quartet (add singer or sax).
JD is also a guitarist, providing beautiful acoustic guitar music, usually alternating with keyboard or piano music, as invited and to what’s most appropriate for the occasion.
JD is also “portable powered”, able to setup and play keyboard, guitar (or both) with amplification and a microphone for singers, speakers, whatever the occasion calls for.
JD will always
1) show up either in a tuxedo or casually elegant attire, based on the client’s preference
2) arrive 30 minutes prior to starting time, or earlier, if set up or group warming up a factor
3) will discus musical preferences, song requests, etc. with client in advance
4) will be friendly, warm and approachable at all times during performance
5) as a seasoned pianist, will adjust his own sound (and the band’s, if present) to please
and embellish the ambiance and flow of the crowd. For example, during dinner music,
playing softly enough to not hinder dinner conversation, for more upbeat playing, always
monitoring the room, the people, seeking the best tempos, song titles, genres, etc, to
gracefully lift hearts and spirits up, throughout the time of the event.